Presentation: "The Law on Workplace Investigations: An Update on Key Developments"
I presented a paper on The Law on Workplace Investigations: An Update on Key
Developments today at the BC "Employment Law Conference 2010" Continuing Legal Education (CLE). The paper can be found at the bottom of this post. The topics I covered were:
- Does an Employer Have a Common Law Duty to Provide the Employee with a Fair Hearing/Conduct an Investigation?
- What Exposure to Liability/Damages Does an Employer Face for Failing to Properly Conduct an Investigation?
- Conducting the Investigation
- The Use of Lawyers as Expert Witnesses on Workplace Investigations
- Recovery of Costs Associated With Investigating Criminal Wrongdoing
- What Duties do Employees Have in Relation to Workplace Investigations?
- Privilege Concerns and Workplace Investigations
The last time I presented at the Employment Law CLE - in 2006 - my topic was Reference Letters.
|The Law of Workplace Investigations.pdf||254.52 KB|