Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE) to hold 7th annual conference in Vancouver in September
The Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE) will be holding its 7th annual conference in Vancouver on September 23-25, 2010. The conference will take place at the new Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Coal Harbour.
Registration for the conference opens in June 2010; CACE members will be notified by email.
The topics covered in the 2009 conference were:
- Occupational Health and Safety Meeting
- Cross Canada Labour Law Update
- Cross Canada Employment Law Update
- Developments in Occupational Health and Safety
- Labour Relations in Troubled Times
- From the U.S. with Love - Class Actions
- From Canada with Love - Employee Free Choice Act
- Workforce Reductions - Canadian and American Approaches
- Leave Me Alone! - Bullying/Harassment/Violence in the Workplace
- Collective Bargaining and Freedom of Association - Strategies in a Recessionary Environment
- Damages after Keays v. Honda - What Now?
CACE states that is has a membership of over 300 labour and employment lawyers. Membership is open to management side labour and employment lawyers in private practice in Canada and in-house counsel who devote a portion of their practice to labour and employment law issues.