"10 Best Practices in Employment Law"
Lauren M. Bernardi, a lawyer and human resource advisor with the Mississauga firm of Bernardi Human Resource Law, has prepared a list of the "10 Best Practices in Employment Law" (undated).
As further explained in the publication, her 10 best practices are:
- Use a complete hiring strategy.
- Use employment agreements.
- Use job descriptions.
- Use independent contractors only where appropriate.
- Implement employee policies.
- Use progressive discipline.
- Implement a harassment policy.
- Conduct performance evaluations.
- Document, document, document.
- Be fair.